This study guide covers all of the topics in the Admin exam. It includes summaries of all topics, screenshots and review questions. The percentage weighting from the official study guide is added after each topic name.
Please be informed that Focus On Force has recently updated this Certification Course to reflect a more modern, stylish and accessible UI.
As you may have observed, we have cleaned up the Main Lesson Page to only show the Main Objectives, Mindmap (also available in Topic pages), and Feedback -- allowing you to have a more clutter-free workspace. We have created separate Topic Pages for each detailed objective which you can access at the left hand side of the page. Upon clicking, you will be presented with the Detailed Objectives under the Section that you have chosen. Additionally, we have put "Topic Progress" indicators which could guide you better on your progress.
For mobile users:
On the Main Course Page, you will see the Lesson Table wherein Percentages and Sections are listed. On the upper right hand side of the table, you will see options to "Expand All" and "Collapse All". If you click on "Expand All", it will give you the option to pick which objective you would like to access.
Configuration and Setup I
Configuration and Setup II
Configuration and Setup III
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the proper setup and maintenance of users.
- Explain the various organization Security Controls. (for example: Setup Audit Trail, Login Hours, Session Settings)
- Given a user request scenario, apply the appropriate security controls based on the features and capabilities of the Salesforce sharing model. (for example: public groups, org wide default, sharing: roles, subordinates, hierarchy, report and dashboard folders)
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate use of a custom profile or permission set using the various profile settings and permissions.
- Knowledge Check
Object Manager and Lightning App Builder
- Describe the standard object architecture and relationship model. (for example: standard object, parent/child, master detail/lookup/junction relationships, and record types.)
- Explain how to create, delete, and customize fields and page layouts on standard and custom objects, and know the implications of deleting fields.
- Given a scenario, determine how to create and assign page layouts, record types and business processes for custom and standard objects.
- Test Your Skills!
- Knowledge Check
Sales and Marketing Applications
- Given a scenario, identify the capabilities and implications of the sales process. (for example: sales process, opportunity, path, and forecast impact.)
- Given a scenario, apply the appropriate sales productivity features using opportunity tools. (for example: dashboards, lead scoring, Einstein opportunity scoring, and home page assistant.)
- Describe the capabilities of lead automation tools
- Describe the capabilities of campaign management
- Knowledge Check
Productivity and Collaboration
Service and Support Applications
Data and Analytics Management
- Data and Analytics Management Overview Video
- Describe the considerations when importing, updating, transferring, mass deleting, exporting and backing up data.
- Describe the capabilities and implications of data validation tools.
- Describe the options available when creating or customizing a report or report type.
- Describe the impact of the sharing model on reports.
- Describe the options available when creating and modifying dashboards (eg, dashboard components, data sources, chart types, subscribing, running user).
- Knowledge Check
Hi Focus on Force,
happy to announce that today I have Passed my exam with 73% score. Thanks to your nice exam practice papers. it helped a lot.
Hello Vijayasimha! We are glad to hear that you are now a certified Salesforce Administrator. Your preparation and diligence surely paid off. Congratulations and the whole FOF Team is happy for your new milestone!
I just passed my Admin Exam on first go. Thanks to all study guides/Study Groups/Practice exams on FOF!
Awesome news, Harshal! Congratulations on clearing the exam, and thank you for sharing your experience! The whole team is happy to know that we are able to help. Cheers!!!
I passed my Admin exam! Thank you so much FocusOnForce for the study guides and practice tests.
I’m very excited for my future with Salesforce!
Hi Juliette! This is a very nice message to start a brand new week. Congratulations on passing your Admin Certification. We’re glad that we were able to help you in your Salesforce journey. Best of luck on the next certifications that you would be preparing for. Cheers!
I passed my SF exam on first try …Thank you to the Focus on Force team. The study guide and practice exams helped me. Many thanks to Charly Prinsloo, her study video helped me to undersatnd the concepts better.
Happy New Year.
Hi Baladevi! We are glad to know that you have passed the Admin Certification. Congratulations on this milestone. It is our honor to be able to prepare you well for the exam you had. Great job! On to the next goals that you have set! We wish you all the best on your next certifications. Happy 2022!
When does the Administrator Study Group start for 2022?
Hello Ursula. Thanks for the inquiry. As of writing, we do not have a schedule which is already set in stone. We are still checking the availabilities of our Guest Instructors and they are to confirm what dates can be booked. If and when we have everything locked and finalized, we will make sure to update everyone. We appreciate your interest on this.
Passed my Admin exam yesterday on the first try! Great study materials, and the practice tests were top notch. The tests were a very accurate representation of how the real exam questions are formatted, which helped a lot. Good luck and Happy New Years to everyone 🙂
Hello Surya! You have started 2022 with a bang! Congratulations on passing the certification. We are so happy to know that the materials here in FOF was able to help you prepare. Cheers! We are happy for you!
Hello – I can’t seem to find the option to join a study group for the Admin, even though I have purchased the Admin study materials and practice exams. How do I find and join a study group? All I see are past recorded videos for them. Thanks!
Hi Rob! Thanks for your inquiry. The last Study Group session for Admin was held on December 21st 2021. Charly was able to cover topics from the Study Guides and all past 18 recordings can be accessed from here (see inside the “Admin Study Group Videos” toggle): .
Everyone will be advised if and when there will be a new run of sessions come 2022. Happy Holidays.
Hi, just passed my Admin certification. Focus On Force really helped out a lot, both with the study guides and the practice exams.
Thank you and Happy New Year to all!
Hey Bilal! This is a very great news to close out 2021. Congratulations on bagging the Admin certification. The whole FOF is happy for your achievement. Cheers!
I passed my SF exam first try last week! Would not have been possible without the practice exams and the study guides were honestly perfectly thorough. Exam questions are very on par if not harder than I thought of actual exam. Topic exams really helpful as well. I’d also recommend to anyone to use the practice exams frequently to find their own vulnerabilities. That was very helpful to me
Hermon, thank you for making us a part of your preparation efforts. We’re glad to know that you have passed the certification. What a way to end the year! CONGRATULATIONS!
Hi, I passed my Admin exam !!! Want to thank Martin and his team for the robust study guide and practice exam . Videos before each topic in the study guide were very helpful.
A big hug to Charly for the wonderful sessions. A special thanks to Jay Malik for the detail explanation to all my queries.
Now on to the next certification.
Happy Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Amazing news, Smitha! Congratulations on clearing the exam! The whole community is happy to hear your achievement! We all wish you good luck on your next certification goal!
Any other tips . i was unable to clear it
I did Practice exam a number of times. Tat helped a quite a lot.
Congratulations and Happy New Year Smitha!
Please let me know how much % you scored in practise exams. I scored sometimes 70% and sometimes 75% and sometimes 80%…is it good to go for real exam. Please suggest.
If your scores are 80 plus then I suppose you are good to go. My scores were 85 plus .